There are hundreds, if not thousands of suppliers of packaging machines around the world. They might all look the same and serve the same purpose, but other than pecuniary or physical proximity, what other aspects of the machine and its supplier should you take into consideration while deciding on purchasing a machine? Here are some:
- The thriving of the company: It is known that a long-standing company is more trustworthy than a newly established company is. Durability in time usually translates a financially sound company, with a positive brand name, and a guaranteed technical support. Present since 1984, KULP successfully built its reputation and has reached a level where its machines’ are synonym of robust and good quality price ratio.
- The after sales service: Selling a machine is easy, however, providing a reactive after sales service and ensuring of the availability of the spare parts through the years is a commitment that only few companies choose to make. At KULP, we choose to show our engagement towards our customers for the long term by mentioning in the sales agreement the availability of the spare parts for at least 10 years.
- The material used in the machines: The quality and the origin of the raw material used for the machine are the main elements to look at when you are searching for a durable and efficient machine. The quality of the stainless steel, electronic pieces, pneumatic pieces, electric pieces, photocells, all must be meticulously selected.
- The references: both locally and internationally, having references all around the world shows that the manufacturer could successfully deploy its wings to a larger target, but also effectively ensure the installation of the machine(s) and its after sales service. The fact that KULP openly shares the name of its customers both in turkey and worldwide, it shows the assurance the company has and its trust in its quality and reputation.
- The safety : For the workers and the final customer, safety during the usage of the machine(s) shows that the engineering behind the machine has been well thought and that the manufacturer cares about legal and ethical considerations.
- The certificates: Quality, origin, ability, adaptability certificates enhance the company’s credibility and serve as proof that the material used is appropriate and that the company is trust worthy.
- The manufacturer’s expertize: Having a large range of machines in its portfolio isn’t always a good sign. It often means that the supplier is a reseller or an assembler, more than an actual manufacturer. However, specializing in a type of machinery shows that the company has enough know how in that domain and spends all its time efforts developing it instead of developing another type of machinery. KULP has had almost four decades of specializing in volumetric filling, capping and labeling machines and has grown from years of expertize and customer’s feedback to perfect its solutions.
- The versatility: The adaptability of the machine to several types of packaging, either for current projects of future ones, has to be taken into consideration when you are purchasing a packaging machine: variable capacities, the minimum and maximum volume, the addition to accessories and options, the change of some parts of the machine, the height and width adjustment.
- The hygiene: When designing the machine for whatever sector it is (food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, chemical, etc) the manufacturer has to make the machine fast to disassemble and easy to clean, both for hygiene regulations and for the machine’s durability, KULP uses butterfly clamps to enable the reach for any millimeter of the machine, and has CIP cleaning adaptability. Furthermore, the material that is in direct contact with the product has to be resistant and compatible with the product to avoid any rusting or oxidizing. When using the same machine for several products, it is mandatory to avoid the risk of contamination between the products. KULP for example, uses special seamless welding and makes its hoppers with spinning technology so that their shape is made through a mold to avoid particles hiding in between the seams.